COVID-19 – OUR RESPONSE
We have been given guidance from the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales to help us contain the Coronavirus, and several measures have now been put in place at St Aidan’s to help keep our parishioners safe.
- Mass booking online or via phone is no longer required.
- Hand sanitiser at entrance and exits and face coverings are strongly recommended to be worn by those in the church.
- NHS Test, Track and Trace system is in operation, people to sign in for the acts of worship using the NHS app and the associated QR Codes.
- ‘Please leave a space’ card available at the entrance for people who would like more space, can be left to allow more social distance. For all who would like to have more social distance please seat at the back of the church or in the side chapel.
- The holy water stoups are not in use; we have suspended the physical sign of peace; we have ceased use of parish Mass books.
- Holy Communion will continue to be under one kind and the ministers will continue to sanitise their hands beforehand and wear a face covering whilst distribution. Communion is recommended to be distributed in the hand but those who wish to receive on the tongue may do so.
- Collection plates can be used, and Children’s Liturgy will commence soon.
- Singing will resume from this Sunday 25th of July, wearing a face cover is strongly recommended.
These measures are all intended to reduce the physical contact between individuals. However, the best way of protecting us from the spread of the virus is still for everyone to use universal good hygiene, particularly washing your hands regularly.
If you have cold or flu symptoms, or a temperature, please refrain from attending Mass until you are well again.
Wishing you all a very peaceful and joy-filled New Year